Saturday, August 20, 2011

Setting My Jewelry Workstation

Day 214 – It’s the last day of the week and I didn’t do my artist’s date yet. I was debating what to do, didn’t want to go for the easy solution of a movie. I chose to make a necklace. I bought some special pearls and a very pretty center bead two months ago but didn’t find the time yet, or the inspiration to make it. So this was my project today. First I had to clear my work table from all the stuff I piled on it while unpacking the boxes. I did that and it made me so happy. One more corner that is in order, but even more so, now that I live alone I can have a jewelry workstation. I don’t have to pack it and put it in boxes every time. This is my house and I set the rules. And a jewelry workplace was my plan for so long; I just didn’t get to it yet. And then, when all was set, I made a very pretty necklace. I worked on the whole thing for a few hours and I enjoyed every minute of it. And of course I enjoyed the final product.
I am thankful that this artist’s date keeps pushing me to try new things. I am thankful that most of these new things become part of my life and not just a one time trial. I am thankful for a very pretty necklace I made today. And I am very thankful for finally having my very own jewelry workstation – this is so exciting!! And I am thankful most of all that my daughter came to visit me today and is staying here tonight. It makes me so happy to see her blossoming here.

No comments: