Friday, August 12, 2011

A Wonderful Day Trip

Day 206 – It was my last day with our visitors. And the business side of the trip was done, so today was another day as tourists. I met them at 9 am and the tour guide took us to three wonderful sites. An ancient city built during the Roman era with amphitheater, a hippodrome and on top of it a crusaders’ fortress with deep mote and all that with an ocean view – magnificent. I’ve been there many times but as I said before, going with a tour guide is a very different experience, very enriching.  From there we went to a some other beautiful places, we went to a local very authentic restaurant, that I’ll sure visit again and we ended with a tour of burial caves from almost 2000 years ago. In short a very full and interesting day. our visitors did not know how to thank us enough which is the best way to say thank you. They had a great time and I was having a great time too, so over all as time consuming as this visit was, it was a great experience. After they left I went to the beach for two hours, just to clear my head and enjoy some down time in such great setting. It was, as always, such a treat.
I decided not to go tomorrow hiking. This week made me realize even more how much I need my down time and how much I need alone time. I can’t understand people who choose to be on all the time. I feel as if after such an intense week I want to take time off, just go to the gym, go to the beach, read a good book, go to a movie. I am not going to do all of this of course, but in general these are the kind of activities suitable for a down time and I will choose from that basket tomorrow.
I am very thankful I can keep my sanity and take my time to recover and do some self-caring things. I am thankful I can keep my life in check and not let them get out of control. I am thankful that after a busy week I can have a relaxed weekend and recharge. I am thankful I had a chance today to learn so much about my country. I am very thankful for a wonderful week.      

No comments: