Monday, August 1, 2011

Dusting Off ...

Day 195 – I am working my way through the book “The Artist’s Way”, I’m in week two now and one of the assignments was to list 20 activities I really like doing and then write next to each one of them when was the last time I did that activity. I was sad to realize, exactly as she said, that some of my favorite things I haven’t done in years!! I let the “have to do” take over my “like to do” list. I live in reactive mode rather than in active one. Even now, when I so much more attuned to my needs and want. I just didn’t stop to look back and think what are the things I really like doing. But the goal of this exercise is not to make me feel all bad about making the wrong choices, it is just the opposite – to make me be more aware of my choices and give me a chance to change course a little. So from all this big list I am going to choose two activities to do this week. That was a tough one but I know that if will try to grab too much I will drop the ball. Changes can last when we take it slow and do it one or two at a time. So this week I am going to take up meditation again, immediately after I finish writing, and I will do photography session this week. I will go out and take at least 10 pictures of a subject I will decide. I am trying to do meditation before I go to sleep, but I just fall asleep, so today I will do it now, before going to bed. And as to the photography, I do take a lot of pictures but I didn’t go on an outing just for photo shooting in about 10 years – I think it’s time to get back to that love of mine. I love meditation, I think it brings calmness and clarity, I love photography – it gives me such a different and fresh angle on the mundane and the trivial things in life; I can’t wait to start doing these activities again. I hope I will not forget again the things dear to my heart; that I will never forget to water my secret garden again. This is my core, my inner strength, my soul; I should never neglect it again.

I am thankful for this exercise in self-awareness that opened my eyes to some neglected parts of my soul. I am so thankful and excited about this week new activities. I love meditation, and I love photography so I can’t wait to start it again. I am so thankful to introduce them back into my life.           

No comments: