Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Five People to Meet in Heaven

Day 203 – Name five people, dead already, you’d like to meet in heaven and spend some time with, and why? The question came in this week’s “the artist’s way” assignments. I found it very interesting to ponder and answer. My first one was my grandmother. It goes without saying – she was my safe heaven the ultimate unconditional love. I loved her beyond my ability to express it. My second was the Buddha – for his compassion, inner light and with the hope to be able to absorb some the amazing qualities he radiates. The third was Janusz Korczak – the great educator. For his courage, and for his love and respect for children that were revolutionary at the time (some of it even today). The fourth was Amelia Earhart – for her quest to open new frontiers, for being a feminist and taking it to the next step, for dreaming and reaching for the impossible, for her courage. And the last one - Houdini the magician and escapologist - for his courage to try his limits, for his constant pushing of the boundaries, for his mazing trust in his ability to the point of betting his life on it. It is interesting to see what I was looking for in the people I chose – love, compassion and courage above all, for pushing boundaries and for being revolutionists, each in his special field. It makes me think, if these are the kind of people I’d like to meet, maybe I should surround myself with more people with such traits. Maybe I should keep developing these traits in me. What did I do today that has anything to do with these traits I find so admirable and worth getting a glimpse of.
I am thankful for yet a little more awareness, it’s what I hope will guide my life from now on. I am thankful for every little step I take in that direction. Creativity, courage, compassion I should make it part of my vision. To live life fully; to have courage and compassion, to be creative; to push the boundaries of my comfort level further and further out; to expand my horizon. I am thankful for this week’s work, it is a blessing.

No comments: