Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Folk Dances Class

Day 197 – finally after several weeks of delay I decided to go to a beginners’ class of folk dances. It takes place twice a week really close to my house and the instructor is apparently a very good one, so here I am to report of my latest adventure. I found out that even beginners classes are of two levels and Wednesday’s class is the more advanced class the real beginners come to the Monday class where he teaches every dance.  But I decided that since I already came, I am going to do my best and try to learn on my own, looking at people around me. And this is exactly what I did. Some of the dances I remembered from my youth, some I got looking around and many I didn’t but, I am sure that with every class I’ll attend more dances  will become familiar and I will feel more comfortable trying new ones. I was amazed to see how many people were in the class close to a hundred! And apparently the Monday class is even bigger! From being almost a lost thing when I left the country, it became the most IN thing to do. Every city and town have their own classes and here they also have twice a week free dances in the evenings on the beach, I wrote about it a while ago. I was so happy to be in this class, and see all these people that on a weekday evening instead of sitting at home watching TV are gathering for 3-4 hours and just having fun. I left early (after 2 hours) since it was my first day and also I don’t want to go to sleep too late, but I might have to make some exceptions. It is just too much fun!
I am thankful for such an enjoyable evening; of meeting new people, of learning so many new dances, of having so much fun. I am thankful I finally stopped delaying it and put the things I want to do before the things I have to. It was a very special evening, first in many, I am sure.

No comments: