Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Talking Deprivation

Day 224I had a bad cold for a few days, yesterday I actually felt better and so I drove to another city about an hour away to meet with some friends and all was fine but today I woke up feeling strange and as the day progressed I just almost completely lost my voice. I don’t remember the last time it happened to me.
Does it mean anything? Is it a sign? Did I say something I should have said? Or what I would love to think is that it is another reminder of that I have to use my own voice, to express opinions, to write, to create. I am working right now on the program to awake the artist within, to give my inner child a voice. I have to find my voice in order to do that. So maybe, just as last week I had a reading deprivation, this week I got a gift of speaking deprivation. And just as avoiding reading gave me the space to hear and see maybe this talking deprivation will give me an opportunity to listen more closely to the very small voices inside me that are trying to find a way out. So tomorrow I will not speak at all and just listen, and write. And if it will work well I will continue for another day. It is not very often that one gets the opportunity just to listen. I can think of it as a silence retreat.  I cannot meditate during work, but at list I can be quiet. And I will mediate in the morning and at night.

I am thankful for this gift of no voice. Doing a silence retreat is actually on my bucket list, so I am thankful for this opportunity to touch for the first time in full awareness the subject of silence retreat. I will not cross it off my list, but I am thankful for the first taste of it. Life is giving us so many presents, if we are only ready to accept them. I am thankful for this gift and for the awareness I just got so I can make to most of it.

No comments: