Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Needed Distraction

Day 669 - The war in the south is still going on but life here in the north is almost the same as usual. It is sad but a fact of life; some people are living right now in a nightmare and we are hiking or sitting in a cafe or just minding our little problems. Of course not really and one question will unveil the concern, the obsessive listening to the news. After all we all have kids in the army or in the reserve, and if not our kids then friend's or relatives; it is a country where military service is mandatory so it is really the people's army and we all share the burden and the concern. But still it is not so acute as in the south, but one degree removed. So few days ago I met a guy on a dating site and after a very interesting emails exchange while I was abroad we talked on the phone yesterday for the first time and it was so interesting, and natural and without realizing it we spent two hours on the phone. Today after I came back from a trip I took with my friends and taking care of some stuff at home we talked again and three and a half hours later and only because it was almost 2 am we decided to stop and call it a day. I never did something like that in my life so it is a very interesting experience. So we definitely passed each other's" interesting" test. Now comes the crucial test that nothing can predict its outcome - the chemistry test; only a face to face meeting will tell whether it is just another figment or is it something worth pursuing. It sounds good so far but I already learned that I'll know when we meet if it's a complete no, the rest of it will take time; I also learned not to build too many expectations, just to wait and see. But it sure helped distracting me from being worried sick about my daughter and her friends there in the line of fire. 
  
I am thankful for meeting such a special guy; I hope that even if we don't work out as a couple we will stay friends. I am thankful for hours of day trip with my friends and later hours of phone conversation with this guy that helped me pass a day that was suppose to be a very difficult day for me. I am praying, like every day, for the safety of our soldiers for their safe and sound return. I pray for peace in this area of the world, torn by wars and hatred.  

No comments: