Friday, November 9, 2012

An amazing day in Prague

Day 661 - We just called it a day after a whole day of just strolling the streets of Prague without any target in mind and no map to guide us; we just got lost in a foreign city and learned to know her intimately because of that. We just took whatever turn we felt like not knowing what awaits us down this street or that, not aware of any of the famous buildings or places, just walking the streets, window shopping, entering stores that looked more interesting, entering small coffee shops, tasting local foods, and having so much fun. We figured not many people can travel like that with no plans and no direction, let the moments present themselves at the right time and they sure did. We arrived in front of what later we found is the astronomic clock just two minutes before it stroke the hour and got a front sit to see that. We went into a candy store just  a few moments before they started making candies in the most amazing way, something that kept us mesmerized there for an hour. We found some seriously cool cafe, an even more cool wine bar with the biggest shot glasses we ever saw, or more accurately I think I should describe it as a big bucket something two people can nurse for a full evening and be satisfied. We saw how the city change t's atmosphere as it shifts from its daily clothes to its evening majestic appearance. I expected a lot of the city because I heard so much about its beauty but it exceeded it all. It has the very classic European look with amazingly beautiful buildings with no modern buildings to cover it or take the attention from it, and it has so much character that is so unique to this city. And we were here just the two of us enjoying it all together. I feel so lucky that my daughter find my company enjoyable, that it is something more of a treat than anything else, that for us just spending time together is so very special. Now we are back at out boat hotel and its so cool to feel the very gentle rock of the water and to sit here and see the water outside our window and the reflection of the lights of the buildings on the other bank. When choosing this hotel I was going for the cool effect I didn't know how strategically it's located; we are 5 minutes walk from the center of town. In short the first day in Prague was so wonderful and we are waiting for a few more such days

I am thankful to my daughter for such fun day we spent together. I am thankful for great weather and not too many tourists. I am thankful for all the cool things we got to enjoy today as a prize for planning nothing. I am thankful we have few more days ahead of us.

No comments: