Thursday, November 8, 2012

Celebrating life transitions in Prague

Day 660 - my daughter was discharged from the army last week and I wanted to give her a special present to mark the occasssion; I decided we'd go for a long weekend abroad. I told her we are going but not the destination and only today at the airport when we did the check-in she finally found out. So here we are few hours later and already in our very unique hotel - a boat on the river in the beautiful city of Prague. We didn't see much because of the late hour but we can see the illuminated bucastle and few churches and all looks so beautiful at night, in a city that suppose to be one of the most beautiful in Europe and we never got to visit. I am very excited for tomorrow and for the whole adventure; it's the first time we are going on a trip to an unfamiliar destination just the two of us and it's so very exciting!! I am very tired and it's almost 1 am local time so this is a short entry. I'll write more about this place and the whole experience tomorrow.

I am thankful for the opportunity to celebrate with my daughter such an important milestone in her life. I am thankful for the past few years and all the wonderful gifts we both got for living them the way we did. I am thankful that at the age of twenty my daughter find it something special to travel with me. I am exacted and thankful for what the next few days have in stock for us.

No comments: