Saturday, November 3, 2012

Sleep dilemmas, again

Day 655 - I was so tired in the past few days that I decided not to go hiking this weekend but instead work on my sleep. I woke up late today and after few hours on the beach (yes, on the beach and it is November already!!) I went back home and had three hours of nap. I have to admit it feels nice to sleep late and even more so to have an afternoon nap. The only bad side to it is that now it is almost 2 am and I just realized what time it is. So I guess it will be another week with not enough sleep... I have to find a way to break that cycle; not sure yet how to go about it, but I have to do it somehow. It cannot go on like that. I really felt like a zombie this past week and I will probably feel tomorrow just as tired. So a short entry, not because I am falling asleep as usual, but because I realized how late it is and made a conscious decision to go to sleep, to be responsible. I'll try to do the same tomorrow just at an earlier hour. I do have an excuse, kind of, we went bowling tonight and I came home at almost midnight. But still, bad habit that I have to break . I should go to sleep before midnight even if I never actually been turned into a pumpkin; I'm still burning the candle on both ends.
  
I am thankful for a wonderful day on the beach with my beloved daughter. I am thankful for a rare and lovely afternoon nap. I am thankful to my friends for a great evening of bowling and and laughs; for their friendship. I am thankful for going to sleep right now.  

No comments: