Monday, November 26, 2012

Clearing the spiritual path

Day 678 - I was working today on a very difficult issue in my tarot reading class - the lovers card where they talk about emptying the spiritual paths in our lives; or in other words, the issue of attachment. Moving here and leaving almost all of my stuff and my belongings behind was a very good thing. I don't cling to a past that is no longer here and I don't clatter my new life here with memories. I thought I am going to have an easy sail but no, if I am honest with myself I still have a lot of work to do. Pictures I should have erased long ago, books and even some cloths; small memorabilia...  the usual. It is amazing to see how much I accumulated since I moved here; how much I still hold on to things from my past, to friends that have negative influence and I should let them go as well; and clear the path even more. The last stage is to clear the path and our minds from negative thoughts and actions. Here I don't even know where to start.   
I realize when I read the material how difficult it is for me to clear the path on some issues. I find it hard to through away old pictures, books and most of all friends; to leave behind bad and negative thoughts. I can see the importance of this stage, but I have to admit, it is going to be very difficult and will take time and at the end of the day, it is more of a guideline that law, I do just as much as I am comfortable with.
   
I am thankful for this lesson, the fact it is difficult for me means it is a very important step I have to go through. I am thankful for the challenges in my life, even if these are ones I am inviting in. I am thankful for a long but interesting day.  

No comments: