Monday, November 19, 2012

A date to remember

Day 671 - I feel almost guilty to write about things so trivial as dating and romance. Our children are along the border, the people of the south are in shelters for days on end; people are getting injured, houses and cars and crops damaged and I meet this guy to see if we like each other. But if we will let the terrorists completely disrupt our lives then they achieved their goal. And we can't allow that. A sorry excuse for a great day I guess, but this is what we did. It was indeed a very interesting day; a very unique one that involved finally meeting this guy I befriended in the past two weeks through long email and much longer phone calls. We went to the beach until it was too cold, we went to a restaurant and set there for five hours eating and especially talking. We talked about mysticism, tarot cards reading as well as down to earth things as hiking and  biking adventures. But especially we talked about personal journey and growth. It was very interesting and I got some insight into my relationship with the universe and the gifts it bestows on me, a very intriguing topics indeed and the guy is so far in his personal journey that it left me feeling I would love to acquire this set of tools to be able to go along some of these windy and traitorous roads. We talked for more than twelve hours straight, and I still wanted to hear more, as well as to share more of my self-discoveries. It really felt good, like I found a twin soul; something that never happened to me before. I don't know yet if this is something that we can develop and build into an actual relationship, but I sure did not dismiss him as a frog right away, on the contrary I want to think I might have found my match. We will meet again this week, I hope and until then we can talk on the phone; he lives far from here, almost two hours away so we cannot meet everyday, but if it will become more than just a hope, we will have to find a solution to this problem. 
   
I am thankful for an amazing day meeting such a nice and energetic guy yet so introspective and self aware. I am thankful for the opportunity this gives me to go through my own journey in a very awaken state. I am thankful for hours of the most interesting date I ever had and probably it will be hard to top. I don't write about my daughter, being there in the midst of the war, but I think of her all the time; thankful every time she calls; I am thankful she is well and unharmed. I pray for her safety and the safety of our troops.    

No comments: