Thursday, November 1, 2012

My Mentor

Day 653 - It is not easy to move to another country at the age of 52, even if it's my homeland. I was away for many years and so even though I kept in touch with some of my friends I am still an outsider in their lives; I missed so much during the years. Another problem is that only one lives in my city. So I had to find new friends, more of them in the same situation as me - divorced or separated; we naturally gravitate towards each other. I want to tell the story of one of these people. We met more than a year ago, we dated for a very short time and realized it is not going to work. We are too different and we will kill each other, if stayed together. But we became really good friends. We go out for lunch every so often, or for coffee; we talk on a regular basis. and we really appreciate each other's honesty, integrity and the sharp mind. Few weeks ago, during one such meeting I found out about this piece of real estate he is selling and I decided to buy it. During this period I learned to appreciate him even more. He helped in any way he could. From giving me all the names of the professionals I needed, helping with taking documents from one place to the next so I won't have to miss work, spending hours taking care of my things basically. I really have no words to describe such an amazing behavior, such great help. Yesterday We had lunch together and when he drove me back to work I asked him if he can help me with some advice how to open my own business since I need more income, what I make is not enough for me. He said he'll think about it and we decided to meet again today in the morning and further discuss it. And so we did. After few question he had for me, like the direction I am thinking he told me about this amazing idea he has and even offered we can partner on it since I don't have the initial investment to start it. And now, many hours later I am still excited about it and believe this can be big, it has a great potential. So next week we are going to take the first steps to turn it into the golden egg I think it is. And I am so happy I can do it with him. He is a savvy businessman and can help were I am less strong and I can do it in the fields I am stronger. I can't wait to start! and if it really has the potential I see there - it will be huge! and I am so happy about it; I really need this extra cash. and the truth is, it is not only the cash that is driving me but also the opportunity to go into business, to build something from scratch just by my imagination and hard work.

I am so thankful for this friendship  I am thankful for having someone like him to guide me through the mine field of having my own business. I am thankful for this idea that I hope I will be able to turn into reality. I am thankful for the great promise ahead. 

No comments: