Thursday, January 10, 2013

A new painting - The birds

Day 723 - I didn't write about my painting class in a very long time, but I go there every week (almost - I didn't go in the heavy rains last week I was afraid my painting will be washed off). As time go by I develop the eye and the hand to do things and most importantly I develop a language all of my own how to paint. At the beginning I was painting realistic images, copying to certain extant what was done by others or was already captured by camera. At some point I dared to venture into the abstract world and I found an unknown treasure. It's very interesting because before I was not a great fan of very abstract paintings but as an artist I find it very attractive. I can do what ever I want or feel at the moment. I am not confined by what I see in front of me. I can go deep inside, let my imagination go wild and just feel my way around. I never know what direction my painting will take, what will come out of it, not even slightly. I just hold the brush and let it fly. With time I develop more technique, I can control my brushes better and I know how to not restrict my mind by planning ahead; it never works anyway. I tried several times to paint something realistic and it just won't go there; it totally refuses to materialize in that direction and lead it self elsewhere. I love that. The freedom that comes with it; the fact that I allow my heart and my mind to soar. It's exhilarating and uplifting and so much fun. I don't care if others can see there what I do, nor if they like it. What matters to me is the fact that for two and a half hours ever week I do something so enriching for my soul, something that pushes me and challenges me and make me set new boundaries and check new frontiers. I do something that is solely for my own pleasure an act of love and kindness towards myself. So this is today's bounty. The birds.
  
I am thankful for this amazing class I never cease to enjoy. I am thankful for the opportunity to explore and widen my comfort zone. I am thankful every week anew for the joy of creativity and I thank the higher powers for this gift.   

No comments: