Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Road fever...

Day 729 - as we are getting closer to the trip it becomes more and more the center of our daily activities. Today I got a tent from a friend just to find out it is not good for us - too big, too heavy and most concerning of all one of the poles is cracked. It can be sued but it will not withstand a strong wind. So we have to get a tent. We also went over the plan day by day now thinking of food we have to have at each stop and most importantly, since we are hiking at the desert, how much water we have to carry with us. We are also thinking of hiding some water and food at certain points; all have to be planned ahead of time and executed before we hit the road. Doing all the planning, I almost forgot to write tonight...

I am thankful we are about to go on this epic adventure as far as I am concerned. I am thankful for all the planning and all the excitement. I am most thankful we are almost there.  

No comments: