Thursday, January 24, 2013

In a few hours...

Day 737 - we are here at my parents' house going to sleep in a few minutes. Our last night in a warm house and comfortable bed for the next two weeks. I am very excited for this upcoming adventure. I know it will be difficult at times, but I love the idea of this adventure, and even more so to push my boundaries, test my limits find what I am really made of. So here we go, my partner is preparing his close for tomorrow, and I'll do the same in a few minutes. At 5 am the alarm clock will officially mark the beginning of our trip. A warm bed is calling me for the last night indoors. I will be able to post only sporadically because I have to keep the battery for emergency and it is the desert so many areas are not covered by cellular network. I will write every day and post it when possible. So after a little more than two years I am going to be off the air for few days at a time. Farewell and I'll be in touch with great stories and some good photos and with a heart full of joy. Going after my dreams, what can be better than that?!
 
I am thankful that after such a long time in the making the time has finally come.  I am thankful for an amazing welcome to my partner at my parents' house, they sure know how to make one feel good. I am thankful to my daughter for all her calls, her love and concern. I am thankful beyond word to my partner for his huge part in making this dream come true, it would not have been possible without him.

No comments: