Monday, January 14, 2013

Final preparations for the hike

Day 727 - the hiking trip we are planning is a little over a week away. It's getting very close and we have to get into our final stage of preparations. I got my hiking sticks today, I'm going to get my knee guards tomorrow, I still need good pants we need one sleeping pad and I think we are done, we have to pack and that's it - ready to go. It was so far away and suddenly it is here. it's about 240 Km (150 miles) and it will take us close to 2 weeks; it is challenging yet inspiring and I just realized that for the first time in 2 years I am going to miss my blogging. For a few night on the road I'll be in areas of no connection and so even though I will carry my iPhone with me, i wont have access to the internet. But I'll bring with me pens and papers and  write even on days like that and I'll post it when possible. I am waiting for a very special experience both physical and spiritual; I am looking forwards to do something I didn't think I'll be able to do, since being a woman I cannot do it alone and I didn't expect to find someone who'd like to do it with me. Just the thought of spending two weeks outdoors, hiking during the day and camping at night is a promise for something very unique, and doing it with my partner adds another layer of super special experience. I am so happy I found somebody who likes hiking as much as I do, someone who is ready and willing at the age of 63 to sleep in a tent, hike every day, carry a heavy load on his back; challenge the mountains of the desert just to make me happy...
 
I am thankful that the wait is almost over; it's been difficult but we are almost there. I am thankful for the challenges ahead of us, for living the dream. I am thankful I have the right partner for an adventure like this. I am thankful my daughter is not flying tonight due to change in her schedule, and will stay here for a few more days. I am thankful It is only 11 pm and I am about to start my going to bed routine!! good night my friends.    

No comments: