Thursday, January 3, 2013

He who has nothing...

Day 716 - I read few days ago the quote by Pablo Neruda He who has nothing, has nothing to lose but his chains.” and I keep thinking about it. I am thinking too much about my financial future; I think I contracted some of the disease in the place I came from and I don't like it. By having some money and investing it I can have a little more but I can also loose some so it become an issue to think about, to chain me down. So what is the right thing to do? How can I lose my chains? Is it really a deep truth or is it just something a poor man will say to justify having nothing? It's so romantic to live off nothing but I thing the reality is less than pretty. There is no shame in being poor but it's true for being rich as well and as a rich person one has life of less worries, or so it seems. But every time I hear a story about choices people make of living very simple life it lights in me  this fire again the desire for simpler life. Will it really set me free? or will I wake up and find out I made a mistake I cannot undo. So right now I sit in my comfortable home and ponder these questions and when it's so cold outside I am happy for the luxury my money can provide me of a roof and walls to protect me and keep me dry and warm in a night like tonight; enabling me to keep dreaming.
  
I don't have an answer yet but I am thankful for my home; for my warm clothes for my warm bed. I am thankful for having all my needs fulfilled. I am thankful I have enough free time in my hands to think and philosophize about the freedom of having nothing. But sometimes I wonder...           

No comments: