Sunday, January 6, 2013

The storm

Day 719 - Outside my apartment all hell is getting loose; heavy rain and very strong winds - a real gale. and I am here safe, dry and warm blessing my good fortune to be where I am in a night like that. I am going to take this opportunity and go to sleep relatively early - what better than to be under the warm covers and enjoy a lazy evening? The rain is good; I live in a dry country and these rains are a blessing. This year is particularly wet and we are almost at the level of the annual rain falls with at least one more month to go and a week of heavy rains ahead of  us. But I am still so very happy to enjoy the rains from the safety of my bed.
 
I am thankful for the safety and protection this apartment provides me. I am thankful for the shelter in a night like that. I am thankful for this needed sleep awaiting me.

No comments: