Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Pain

Day 714 - one of the main problems for children of divorced parents is the fact that they are loosing their home. There is no such place for them in the world were they have mom and dad and a child under one roof. I had a long discussion about that with my daughter today. It is very difficult for anyone and for her even more so since she also left her homeland and is far away from her siblings and her dad. She is the youngest child and her siblings already left home and so, home is something she completely lost. I told her that this is something that many young people feel and this feeling of belonging will be back only when she will create her own family. But she is always welcome here in my house. I know my partner is not a replacement for her dad but I think she can be comfortable and relatively at home in our home. It made me so sad to see her suffer, to see this empty hole in her. I wish things where different but they are not, this is our reality, and we can only try to do the best with what we have. And the best I can do is to always keep a place for her in my house.

I am thankful for this painful but very candid talk; I know how painful it is for her and I appreciate so much the fact she shared it with me. I am thankful for her sensitivity and care, for not wanting to disrupt my new relationship, which I promised her she won't. I am thankful I have found happiness again, and I hope I will be able to share it with my daughter. I am thankful for high points and low, it's how we grow and get stronger.

No comments: