Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 - Happy New Year

Day 713 - In forty minutes the new year will enter our time zone and the year 2012 will be over. When we lived in our previous country it was a big day and it was celebrated all over. Here, being a Jewish country, it is not and I have to admit I miss it. We live by this calendar but for some reason people here feel it is not OK to celebrate it. Well, I am going to be different. I want to do my little end of the year inventory and think ahead to the year we are welcoming tonight. So how do I see the passing year? It was a great year. 

  • I took my first trip abroad alone - the trip to Greece, that I still think of it as an amazing experience. 
  • I had a second trip with my daughter to Prague, again amazing.
  • I took one trip to see my kids and granddaughter
  • I started painting with paints and not only pencils and fell in love with this medium and with painting in general.
  • I finished my tour guides class.
  • I participated in the creative writing class and found out I can write very well; but I am not doing it this year, mainly for budget reasons.
  • I had my first party at home and it was wonderful.
  • I am still keeping my weekends to myself and refuse to be dragged into crazy work schedule
  • I hike a lot and it is a gift for me.
  • I had the best year with my daughter; seeing her taking her first steps as a civilian.
  • I did and still doing a lot of spiritual growth, and I love it; it makes my life fuller and richer. 
  • I loved and this is probably the best thing I did this year. I loved my parents and my siblings. I loved my children so very much. 
  • I found the man I think is going to be my partner for the second half of my life and I am so full of happiness. 
What a year. Do I drag anything behind? Do I celebrate New Year with a baggage? Do I have any unfinished business? These are the real questions to ask and find the answers for. I hope the answer will be as close as possible to "No".   
I am very happy. I hardly even remember the woman I was only two and a half years ago. I feel like I am blooming and radiating my happiness. I didn't think this is even possible and I feel like the luckiest woman for having these blessings in my life.
  
I am thankful for a wonderful year; for the trials and the tears, for the great moments and the joy and laughter. I am thankful for the abundance in my life; for the helping hands for for the love that I am surrounded with, for the dearest people in my life that make every day so very special. I am thankful for my health for my routine and for my very special moments  I am so thankful for my life, just the way they are.  

No comments: