Monday, December 24, 2012

An evening hike

Day 706 - I am planning to go on the trail in a month time so I decided it is time to start training more seriously. So when I came back from work I changed my cloths, put on my hiking shoes and we went out for a long walk.We live in a city perched on a mountain so it gives us a real challenges and real opportunity for training. we went down half the mountain and then climbed it up again. I am very happy to report that I am still in very good condition and I did it well, that my many hiking trips prepared me for this adventure. From hiking down very steep road to hiking up hill on hundreds of stairs. It is a beautiful city and the evening air was fresh and a little cold, it was so nice to be outside in an evening like that and take it all in. in the weekend we will have to hike with a heavy backpack just to get used to it as well, but overall I think I will be OK and it makes me very happy. 
  
I am thankful for another day in this wonderful city of mine, in this amazing country.  I am thankful for having a hiking partner; I have to admit I didn't do it much and I really should; so, I am thankful for his encouragement to start hiking and training. I am thankful for a very plesant hike today.   

No comments: