Saturday, December 1, 2012

A relaxing weekend

Day 683 - We spend our weekend at my parents and it was very nice. I didn't visit them for more than 3 months and it's really not OK. it's the longest I was away since I moved back to this country. I promised myself it will not happened again. There's really no reason, just me being lazy about the long drive and allowing other things to get in the way. But I have to walk my talk. They are so dear to me and their biological clock is ticking and everyday that past is a day closer to the end of the road. It's true for everyone of course but their road is so much shorter so every day is moving them so much faster to the end. I don't want to get to that point with a heavy heart for I was lazy. We both felt the same so we agreed to drive there about once a month from now on. So I am not sure that every month can hold, but every month and a half for sure can work into any schedule. The weekend was so relaxing and we could sleep a lot and just enjoy not doing much, small talks and being in their company. I for sure got a lot of extra sleep hours. Something very important for the week to come. We drove back to the big city for a concert of classical music, the first since I moved here and we both enjoyed it very much. It was such a great weekend, a very special time with my parents and my daughter. I feel so blessed for having all these wonderful people in my life.

I am thankful for a great weekend. I am thankful we found my parents in good health and spirit. I am thankful we got to see our dog that is now living with them. I am thankful for precious time we carved out of our busy life of closeness and tenderness. I am so thankful to my daughter for spending this weekend with me.  

No comments: