Saturday, December 15, 2012

Saturday hiking

Day 697 - It was an amazing day today; blue sky, warm and sunny and after few days of rain it was nice to be out again. It was not a day for a serious hiking since it rained the day before and the ground was still very wet. My daughter stayed with her adoptive family and I drove about 10 minutes to the north to pick up my boyfriend from his kibbutz. We decided to go for a short hike of 2 hours in an area. I visited the place before but did not really explore it so today was my first time seeing most of this preserve. With all the rains we had this year it was amazing. Everything around was so green and lush and the brook was so full of water; I never seen in my country such fierce flow of water; something to treasure. So we had a wonderful day - we hiked and talked and enjoyed a great day outdoors and later met with my daughter for a late lunch and it was so nice, it felt so good and so right. It was such a great day and it made me so happy I could enjoy it with him. With every passing day I learn to appreciate him more, to love his company to love us. He brings out the good and soft side of me and I feel I do the same for him. We feel like we are walking on a cloud; we both feel like we finally came home. I cannot say enough how wonderful this feeling is of just knowing he is it; after so many disappointments and wrong starts it is almost hard to believe I actually found him; I told him yesterday - I gave the universe a list of what are all the things I want to see in my partner and once I understood what I am looking for and made it clear to the universe - I got my wish; all of it.  
  
I am thankful for such a beautiful day; for an amazing hike, for quality time, real quality time with my partner. I am thankful he and my daughter met; they are both so important to me and I am glad they could talk and like each other. I am thankful for a day spent with him; I enjoyed the hiking so much. I am so thankful it's something he likes doing too. I am thankful for having him in my life. I am thankful for a great weekend with my daughter. 

No comments: