Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A tent in the middle of my living room

Day 701 - We are starting to get ready for the trail. We bought equipment few days ago and delayed the decision about few more items until we'll test what we have. So today when I came home after work we pitched my tent in the middle of the living room and inside we opened the rubber foam mattress and the sleeping bags. We put our backpacks inside and we got in as well to see how comfortable it is and how crowded. We also tried on the thermal cloths and gloves and hats... it is winter after all and a winter in the desert where there's no one to help is not something to take lightly. Well, we came to some serious conclusions - we have to find a better tent; the one I have is too bulky and too heavy. I also have to find a hiking stick. it's too expensive to buy and I only need it here so no reason to buy. but overall we are well equipped  have the right gear and now it is time to start training for the hike. As I write this the winds are howling outside - it's gonna be interesting hike on Friday!

I am thankful for the wonderful evening we spent testing and trying our gear we had so much fun. I am thankful for this amazing man who knows how difficult and testing is the trail and yet is ready to take it again for me. I am thankful for such a special evening. I am thankful we are a big step forward in out preparations for the trail
 

No comments: