Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The rain

Day 686 - The winter is finally here with rain showers and strong winds. I am here at home and since the house is not air tight I can hear and feel the winds, but luckily it is not cold yet so I can enjoy the fact that I can be tucked safely here with a man I like very much and just listen to what's going on outside and not be part of it. Suddenly I thought of the birds who have nowhere to go but duck and weather it or worse yet homeless people that have to be outside in a night like that. I fell so blessed for having a shelter and strong walls to protect me for the gale, that I have a roof over my head. As much as I always say that money is not something I care much about but in a day like that I am thankful I can afford to rent a place and not be subjected to the elements.

I am thankful the winter have come; our country is a very dry one and these rains are so very important. I am thankful I can enjoy this rain from the safety of my home and not being part of it. I am thankful for my roof and walls and warm bed. I am thankful I can share this cold evening with someone dear to me. 

No comments: