Wednesday, December 26, 2012

GI procedure? - check!

Day 708 - Today was my medical procedure and I have to admit that it was nothing at all. I can't believe that I delayed these procedures for years and suffered for no reason. They took some biopsies of course so I will not have final answer for a few weeks now but it looks like they found the reason for my constant heart burns, the big damage already done to my body because of years I neglected it and now I will have some serious medications to try and fix that. But I am very happy; for doing it, for finding the culprit and for having all this behind me. Now I am finally on my way to recovery. A very strict diet, and medications should do the job and in the process I might loose a few pounds and drop my cholesterol levels - all good things. I also want to acknowledge the role my partner took today. He came with me to the hospital, stayed with me all the way to the OR and was there as soon as I got out. He was so nice and gentle and it made me so happy; it's something I didn't expect and I really appreciate so very much. And he did it and didn't expect anything in return; didn't think this behavior is something special, just as it should. I sure don't take something like that for granted, I learned that a long time ago.

I am thankful this day I dreaded so much is behind me. I am thankful it was really nothing to even mention. I am thankful to my daughter and my parents for their concern and well wishing. I am thankful to this wonderful man in my life who was so nice and kind to me; made the day so special. 

No comments: