Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A brief moment in time

Day 687 - we met on the boardwalk not far from my work. He walked there all the way from my house, about two hours walk. It doesn't fail to impress me how much he likes hiking. We walked on the boardwalk and later set there watching the stormy sea and watching the day slowly folding before driving back home. It something so small; two middle age people seating, hugging and watching the sea; something that for no one else probably merits a second glance, but for me it was a moment so special and dear, encapsulated, whole. So many times I talked about this special someone to do just that and for a brief moment in time I was there. It felt so heart warming and right; fuzzy. I wanted the moment to last forever, this brief moment in time; this simple joy from which life is weaved.

I am thankful for having this amazing moment so simple and tender. I am thankful for tiny pleasures like that from which my life become enriched and full. I am thankful for this wonderful man in my life who makes me so happy and soft. I am thankful for an amazing day.

No comments: