Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Lighting a candle

Day 694 - I was very tired all day today and I decided to do the unthinkable and go to sleep as soon as I get home. Well, it wasn't really that fast but by 9:30 I was in bed and it is few minutes to 10pm right now and I am ready to act on my promise. Just a few words, to acknowledge the day that passed before. It is 12-12-12 the last time we see this kind of repetitive pattern in our life time. Not really that meaningful but a cute thing never the less. It is also the 5th day of Hannukah and I just realized I didn't write about it at all. It is the holiday of light and I love the symbolism of course. In the middle of the darkness that engulfing us from all over, the days that are getting shorter and the hatred that surrounds us here as a nation,and lets not forget  the personal struggles between people as well, in the midst of all that we get this reminder that light is something we can choose every day to live by. That the tiniest light pushes away a lot of darkness; that sharing the light does not diminishes the source but it sure does cheer and lit more around us; that it is a choice we make each one of us and every single day to live enlightened life or to stay in the dark. I chose the more difficult path of change and I walk the path every single day. I try to make small changes, to read and think and talk about it, I try to live this way, to be more aware to be actually present in my life. And so this holiday means so much more for me this year. It's a reminder and a reward it is the symbol by which I want to live for the rest of my life.
 
I am thankful for the journey I embarked on several years ago, it's been a hell of a ride. I am thankful to the man who gave me now the needed tools to make it in a more systematic and structured way. I am thankful for every candle I lit, for every little darkness I can chase away. I am thankful for the blessings in my life.

No comments: