Sunday, December 23, 2012

A long overdue procedure

Day 705 - After few years of nagging heartburn and doctors warning that I have to check what causing it I decided to do the procedure; the fact that my daughter did it was the last straw in my resistance campaign and today I finally scheduled it for this coming Wednesday. I have to admit I am not looking forward to it and I wish I could still avoid it, but I know it is something long overdue and I will not dodge it any longer. So right now I am on a very strict diet for the next three days of what I am allowed to it and what not and I will probably complain about it for the coming few days. Still I hope that years of neglect did not cause an irreversible damage and that they will finally identify the problem and fix it. In the name of wishing not to be a paranoid I neglected my body big times and I hope there will be no consequences to that. I will try to be better from now on.
  
I am thankful to my partner who almost forced me to go and schedule the procedure after another night of suffering. I am thankful to my daughter for showing me the way to handle such things. I am thankful I could schedule it right away so I will be done with it before I'll have time to regret it. I am thankful for the miracles of modern medicine for what they can offer us today and I hope it will offer me a cure. 

No comments: