Saturday, December 29, 2012

Hiking

Day 711 - Today we had our first hike with my hiking group, and it was wonderful. The day started as a very sunny day and ended with serious rain which made our hike very challenging. Everyone had a very light load, ad befit a day hike, but we are training for the trek in less than a month so we have to start carrying big backpacks. We found out that we have some more training to do and by the end of the day, especially with the rain we were very tired and our bodies aching but few hours later we are fine, so we know we can do it, but we also know it will take a serious toll on us and we are ready for that. It was so wonderful to have the man who is such a big part of my life as part of this activity that is so dear to me. I never had a partner for that since I moved here and it made me all so happy to have that. At some point I realized that this is one of the things I am looking for in a partner - the love for the outdoors and specifically for hiking. And I finally did. I found a man who share so many values with me and likes the same recreational activities, I have found my match, and I am so happy for that. Happiness I have not experienced in many years. What else can I ask for?
  
I am thankful for a day out in nature, taking in the beauty and the friendship. I am thankful for a random meeting in the mountain of a good friend I have not seen in more than a year and the kind and encouraging words he sent me after that. I am thankful for a whole day I got to spend with my partner, for his love and friendship, for this ability to combine both of my loves. I am thankful for the challenge and the recovery. I am thankful for all the blessings in my life.

No comments: