Monday, December 17, 2012

Getting the right gear

Day 699 - I took the first step towards my up coming trip. I bought a new backpack, the right kind for a long hiking trip where I have to carry my house on my back for days on end. It has to be the right kind; sturdy yet light. It has to distribute the weight properly or else I won't be able to do it for the long run. So I bought a backpack. Nice and very light but one that can easily store about 25 lb of the bare necessities. My partner had to buy new hiking shoes. And now, armed with all the goodies we just acquired we have to start training. this coming weekend, rain or shine (and from the weather forecast it looks like rain) we are going to for our first serious hike. More to come...
  
I am thankful for this air of excitement as we getting ready for the upcoming adventure. I am so very thankful I found a partner that find excitement in the same strange place as I do. I am thankful to the point of bursting for this upcoming trip

No comments: