Friday, December 21, 2012

Sabbath dinner

Day 703 - my daughter is here for a visit and it is Friday night so we decided to have a nice Sabbath dinner. She had a friend who joined us also so it was like a real family - two parents and two daughters. We had a nice dinner and we just took our time to enjoy the food and the company; lots of laughter and funny stories and more serious talks and we all had just good old time. Since we left home we didn't have this kind of a family time and it was so wonderful I feel so warm and fuzzy at the end of such an evening. My daughter drove her friend back home and called me from the road to tell me she felt the same way. I am so happy just thinking I will be able to give her a gain this warmth of a home she lost, and for me to have the same thing. I talked with my partner afterwords and we both feel like we are together for so long, it really doesn't feel like we are on a trial period, but like we are just there with and for each other; that we are blessing every day the universe for bringing us together, for arranging for our paths to cross. It is a little over a month since we are together and there is no doubt in our minds that we are both here for the long run; until our last day here on this earth. We are talking about doing holidays with our kids and later grandchildren... today showed us how much fun is ahead of us, how wonderful life can be for all of us.
   
I am thankful for an amazing evening; for an experience I didn't enjoy for such a long time. I am thankful to my daughter for being the wonderful young woman she is so warm and accepting, making it so easy for my partner. I am thankful to the universe for bringing this wonderful man into my path. I am thankful for this wonderful part of my journey, hoping never to take him for granted, always keep this fresh look.     

No comments: