Friday, January 4, 2013

Hiking on the beach

Day 717 - it's hard to believe but it's January already and it's still relatively warm. The weather forecast for today is rainy but so far it's been a very pleasant, sunny and warm. So we decided to drive to the beach for a walk. My partner was sick the past few days so the fresh air was exactly what the doctor would have ordered. We hiked for an hour in one direction and an hour back. We walked and talked and had a lot of fun and I had a wonderful time. As time goes by and we get to know each other better, our relationship mature and becomes even more satisfying. It makes me so happy to spend a whole day with him, to talk and exchange ideas. I love the fact that at the end of a long day together I don't want it to end, that it is now almost 3 o'clock and we are still awake and talking a storm. I so needed this level of intellectual stimulation and I enjoy it so very much.

I am thankful it is Friday, that even though I went to work for a few hours (to make up for the time I'll be away on our two weeks hike) we still had a whole day together. I am thankful for a wonderful hike on the beach. I am thankful for hours of talks and laughs, for love I did not see coming, didn't believe still possible at my age. I am thankful every day that our paths crossed, that we met and where aware enough to sees the moment.  

No comments: