Sunday, May 12, 2013

A packed weekend

Day 844 - it was a weekend of packing. I worked for hours putting my life into little boxes. I tried to be very accurate about packing, leaving unpacked the things we need for the last few days here. I did a pretty good job but every so often we are in need of something I already put into a box. Like yesterday - I asked my daughter to make a cake for dinner. She had everything out already separated the eggs into a bowl but there was no mixer, or a whisk, I packed both! We opened a box and found the whisk but not the mixer, so she had to whisk the egg whites by hand; not an easy task but she did a great job and also learned to appreciate this amazing tool called mixer. But all in all I did a good job and even though our house is full of boxes and our closets and cabinets empty we can still live almost un-disturbed. So it makes me very happy. But it's almost midnight and I'm dead tired after a whole day of packing. I thought I'll be able to finish it all tonight but I'm so tired it will have to wait for tomorrow. But I think I'm 3 boxes away from the finish line, not bad at all.

I am thankful my job here is almost done. I'm thankful for all I was able to through away, for all the extra luggage I left behind. I'm thankful for the memories I'm taking with me for the journey. I'm thankful for such a productive weekend. I'm thankful most of all for the fact I'm going to sleep right now.

No comments: