Friday, May 10, 2013

It's not easy to be old

Day 843 - I went to visit my ex- mother in law. It pained me to see how lonely she is, and as always I tell myself I should visit her more often. She aged a lot in the past few months and being alone is taking its toll on her. Her other son tried to hire someone to stay with her all the time but it didn't work. She is very independent and does not need a live-in, what she need is company. People she can sped time with every day, eat her meals with them and go to all kind of activities. In short I think a nursing home, a very good and fancy one might be the right solution for her. It was so sad to see her so frail and so bored, which is obviously the worst part. She has no energy to do anything. I was happy I went to visit her, yet so sad to see how she is deteriorating. It's not easy getting old.

I am thankful for being there today and helping for two hours to eliviate her pain. I am thankful she still feels so close to me and opens up. I am thankful she had good two hours because of this visit; because of me.

No comments: