Sunday, May 19, 2013

Riding the train to work

Day 852 - I went back to work after almost a week off. The house is not there yet but we all went our separate ways. It takes some getting used to ride a train to work but after weeks I didn't have time to pick up a book and read I had almost an hour to do so and it was wonderful. I just have to make sure not to miss my station. For almost three years I drove to work every day. True, it gave me the flexibility to come and go on my own schedule and now I have to comply with the train schedule or I'll have to wait another hour. But on the same time I an not the one who does the driving. So I can kick back and relax; I can read or even sleep, as long as I put my alarm to wake up on time. So I started a new book and so far it looks really interesting and I totally enjoyed my time. Coming back home was a little more of a challenge. I waited 15 minutes in the train station to my partner since there was no point in driving home and coming back 20 minutes later. And about an hour and a half later I drove to pick up my daughter. But It is totally worth it and I am so happy to be here and have those little adjustment kinks we'll iron out in a few days. And coming back home after a long day in the office was wonderful. Coming back to the quiet neighborhood and no cars' sounds. I am just so tired that I can only think of my bed. I hope to write in more length tomorrow.  
  
I am thankful for a new experience of train ride to work. I am thankful for the book I got to start reading today; I have so many more waiting for the opportunity to be read. I am thankful for a warm shower and a good night sleep awaiting me just behind the corner, as soon as I'll finish blogging. Good night!

No comments: