Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Smelly closet

Day 854 - So what did I do today that is not the same as always? I unpacked two more boxes, hung few more pictures bought a spade and a rake and started working in our yard and now my back hurts but I am very happy. I also had a major problem in the past few days; one of the closets had awful smell to it to the point that I didn't want to put my cloths in it for the concern that they will smell just as bad. I tried to leave it open, to wash the shelves with water and later with baking powder which is a known agent to absorb bad smells; I tried to spray it with cloths freshener, to put some good soaps in it but nothing helped. I even spayed the closet with a perfume but to no avail. As a last resort I decided to paint the inside with a thick layer of paint and sure enough this last step was the right solution. So now the inside of my closet is painted shocking blue, but it smells of perfume instead of bad BO like it was before. And finally after a week I am struggling with it I was able to put some close into the closet. So a very big step in my quest to finish the unpacking. It wasn't suppose to be that long to unpack but the circumstances forced this timeline; and now in a day or two I'll finish the rest. I'm tired now and my back hurts but I am so happy I solved that issue I was at a loss for a solution or for how to unpack when this only closet I had was unusable.  
  
I am thankful for a day I worked from home thus I was able to buy all these supplies before I started working. I am thankful for the creative solution to the "smelly closet", a solution that enabled me to use the space. I am thankful for a lovely morning in town. I am thankful for the impending sleep; I am so tired. Good night!

No comments: