Thursday, May 2, 2013

Falling asleep on my watch

Day 835 - A very long day I only got home after my painting class, almost at 10 pm, but it was a great class and I enjoyed it very much. My painting is getting along quite well and after two weeks I was not sure what direction to take I am very happy with the fresh ideas I got. But never the less I feel like I'm in a lull. It is not the burst of energy I had last year or even at the beginning of this year. I am not sure if it's other event in my life that are taking my attention away from it or is it that I have to reopen the well again, do another round of "the artist way" to open and re-connect some more. I am tired for sure and my energy is going elsewhere, for sure but I should not let any of this take away from my art; I love it and I want to keep tapping into that source, deep down in my soul. I don't want to lose that connection. As we are planning our next steps in the new place I want to emphasize on this aspect of my life. It sounds as if I'm complaining but I am not, this is just a reminder for me to rekindle the fire, not to fall asleep on my watch.

I am thankful for a very good lesson tonight; I am thankful my picture is progressing in the right direction. I am thankful for an eye opening understanding of never taking things for granted ever again, to never fall asleep and let my life take place without me watching it.

No comments: