Wednesday, May 8, 2013

All good things come in big boxes, or in my case go out...

Day 841 - packing and working and dreaming in between... my life is very redundant at the moment. I like when things are dynamic, when changes are part of daily life but at the moment I have a mission to finish packing in the next three days since Monday rise and shine the movers will show up. I have to admit that as much as I complain about the packing I actually enjoy it. I probably still don't throw away as much as I should but I am giving the house content a big purge, I get rid of loads of papers and cloths I didn't ware for long enough to declare them obsolete. I gave away many books and I will give away more and My shoes collection is the next to see the ax, probably tomorrow. Even my cosmetics products were not spared all had to go through the sorting machine and much failed to pass. My life is several boxes lighter because of that; my spiritual pass got a good plowing because much of what I threw away were things that were holding me to my past. I realized I kept them for no other reason but attachment to things long gone and forgotten and finally had the courage to unload it from the wagon of my life and leave it behind. So even in the structured and the mundane I find light and reason and I am very happy about that; it makes the process easier and more pleasant. Still, I am looking forwards to two weeks from now when all will be unpacked in the new house, and we can get back with our lives. I have so many plans I can't wait to start...

I am thankful for another day that passed and get me closer to the finish line. I am thankful for every box that piled up in my living room and every shelf that gets empty. I am thankful most of all for every bag that gets out of my house and out of my life, full of things I don't need or don't ant in my life any longer.   

No comments: