Wednesday, May 15, 2013

To walk our talk

Day 848- The truth is I was hesitating whether to come and celebrate with my parents this holiday, considering the fact we just moved a day before to the new house and the boxes that are strewn everywhere and all. But I decided that the boxes can wait another day or two and who knows if we'll all be around next year to celebrate. My parents are not young anymore and the story with the doctor in my hospital who passed away two days ago from a massive heart attack at the age of 59 is very upsetting for me. Now more than ever I have to internalize and live by what I preach for; we have to live according to our priorities, according to what is really important to us. And family always stands before boxes, no exceptions. So we were at my parents and had a wonderful evening and I am so happy I didn't succumbed to the temptation but did the right thing. I made my parents very happy, we were very happy and we got some well deserved rest before getting back to the boxes. The only thing that didn't work well was the fact that my daughter got sick during the night and was throwing up and had high fever. Still it was a wonderful holiday and she got to enjoy most of it. 
  
I am thankful for a wonderful time we spent with my parents. I am thankful for a little break we took to sit quietly and meditate facing the vast emptiness of the desert. I am thankful my daughter is feeling a little better already. I am thankful I walked my talk and took a break form the mess to live according to my priorities; for every moment I can live with greater awareness. 

No comments: