Thursday, May 16, 2013

Half way done

Day 849 - Yesterday we came back late from my parents so not much unpacking. But today we attacked the mission with renewed energy and by now the house starts to look half descent. The living room, the dining room, the kitchen are almost done. The bedrooms are a little more messy since we are still dealing with storage space, what else. Even when I say I have so little furniture and stuff, even though I left almost everything behind me when I left home, still I have a lot of stuff and as much sorting as I did already, I still have more I should part with that I can't. And this is in a nutshell the problem of our society; we have so much stuff we carry around that we have to store and the storage places enable us to accumulate more things that will have to be stored... in short, we don't have enough room to store all our useless memorabilia, all the things we haven't used in years but our heart doesn't let us throw away. I guess in the next few days I will go to buy a storage unite for my cloths. But regardless, I am so happy to be here, to sit with my daughter and my boyfriend for coffee or breakfast, as we did this morning. It is so nice to sit in our new living room and enjoy the relaxation. It is so wonderful to know we are almost done with the guest room that will be used most of the time as our office. It is so wonderful to be here, to enjoy the quietness; it is so good to be here in our new place.
  
I am thankful for the progress we made today in the unpacking. I am thankful for the homey feeling the house bestows on us. I am thankful my daughter is feeling better after being so sick yesterday. I am thankful for a well deserved night sleep at the end of a very long way.     

No comments: