Friday, May 3, 2013

Packing my home, slowly

Day 836 - Friday is my day off and so it's a good time for me to pack. I want to finish all the packing during next week and move on Friday on the next Sunday. I packed 6 boxes today so I'm up to 8; or about 20% if the movers' estimate was right. I am not really sure, but only time will tell. I am taking the opportunity of the move to through away or give away a lot of books and clothes or in the language of my partner - clearing my spiritual path. It makes me happy to see I am able to get rid of things I carried with me for a very long time. I know I can do so much more, but I am very gentle with myself and I know that this things should not be forced but have to come from within or they'll be meaningless. So I am happy to report that all the books I still carry around are packed and I have about 2 boxes of give away books. And I am getting excited about the packing, it was hard for me to stop so we could go out on a date for a few hours. Now we are back but it's late, so I think I'll call it a day and get back to it tomorrow. If I can do 4 or more boxes tomorrow I'll be in a good shape and I'll be very happy. I am going to work tomorrow on the most messy place in my house - the front porch. When I'll be done with it I'll be so happy. So a boring Friday, two hours of work from home and then packing; boring but important and we sealed it with a lovely outing. What else one can ask for?!
   
I am thankful for some serious progress on my packing trail. I am thankful for a goal oriented day with many things on my plate and all are achieved but reading a book, didn't find time for that. I am thankful to my partner for a lovely evening out. I am thankful for the sleep coming my way; I welcome it with open arms. Good night! 

No comments: