Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Getting my hair done

Day 861 - An eventful day. I stayed home today, waiting for the technician to come and fix the sabotage we did to the wires (see the story on day 857). He came and redid everything and did not even charge us for it! nice service, really. By the time he was done there was no point to go to work and so I worked from home. In late afternoon I took the train to our biggest city to get my hair done. It is so convenient, not even 10 minutes walk from the train station. I really don't know why I took my car every time. Again the same wonderful experience of reading all the way and not having to worry about parking or tickets. I went into the salon and two hours later I emerged with my renewed,, freshly dyed hair. People keep asking me why I travel all the way to Tel Aviv; the way I look when I get out of there and the fact that 10 month after my makeover I still didn't have to redo my hair-due. I am still thankful for that amazing make-over I know it was so much more than only a makeover - it changed my life. It changed the way I look at myself and feel about it; it gave me confidence I didn't have before. I use to watch a show on TV called "what not to ware" and they all say in an interview few months later that it changed their life and now I know it's really true. I've changed in so many ways, with no going back. Now a days, even if I chose to ware the "what not to" I know it is not OK and I chose it consciously; knowing I do that "despite" and I want that look, or the comfort of "I don't care".
 
I am thankful for that famous make over and for its long term effects; I reap its fruits every day. I am thankful for a wonderful hair I have now for the next few weeks. I am thankful for the ease of of train ride, for the accessibility of it all. I am thankful for an evening I spent with my partner; quality time at his work place. I am thankful for every day I wake up and go to sleep after spending time with my loved ones; those precious moments give life its meaning.     

No comments: