Thursday, June 26, 2014

The lessons we face

Day 1253 - I'm reading a book and came across a well known sentence that hit the right cord - every difficult person or situation in our life is there for a reason; it shine a light on a block we have or something in us that needs attention. It's so true and easy to say but so difficult to live by. To be able to stop in mid run and ask why am I presented with this situation? What can I learn from it? Our reality is constructed from things and people we attract to us so we can take another step in this ever changing world, in this upwards climb to get better, to live more conscious life and to try to make it right. Not to be a victim but the well balanced driver of our life wagon. I feel as if I am so far behind, as if I still have so much to learn, but I am making real efforts and part of what I have to learn is not to be too judgmental towards myself. To learn to appreciate what I do and not to criticize what I didn't do.
 
I am thankful for changes I've made; for lessons I learned. I am thankful I get to live so many years and make all the mistakes and the attempts to fix and do better. I am thankful for challenges and rewards, for lessons and triumphs. I am thankful for my life.

No comments: