Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dancing to the Drums

Day 35 - This morning when I walked to the bus station, I realized that I am singing one of the songs from my singing group collection. In the evening, going back home the same thing happened. So, when I came home I put on a CD of Cuban Jazz and started to prepare dinner. After a few minutes it just didn't feel right. This was not the kind of music I was looking for. I took it off and put instead a "Drum Medicine" CD and went back to cooking. After a few minutes I came back to my CD player, but this time for a different reason - It was just right. But I was not a part of it. So, I turned the volume to max (or almost), lit a few candles, and turned off the lights. and I started dancing. I was alone, so no one that will make me self conscious and it was so wonderful. I danced to the magical, gut piercing music, connecting with the most grounded parts of me, connecting with the primal powers in me, connected with my soul. the music penetrated everything and I danced to it, celebrating the life force in me, my strength and my ability for a little while to escape the tyranny of my brain and live in the moment, enjoy in the moment and not be judgemental in anyway.
I am so Thankful for this gift I gave myself of dancing to the beat of the drums. there are not many things more relaxing than that. I am so thankful that for an hour of dancing I lived in the moment without feeling guilty about it, and I am so thankful for this feeling of fullness that comes in its wake. As several times before, I am very thankful for the music in my life.

No comments: