Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Phone Call

Day 28 - I came back to my country but my two older children stayed behind. This is a very difficult situation and the only thing that makes me a little less happy. I take it as a challenge of letting go. The problem is that being so far and on a very different time zone, makes phone communications more tricky. Too many times we miss each other, or just realize at some point that I missed the window of opportunity to call again. Add to that some unresolved issues and it is really not easy. This morning on my way to work, I was thinking about it and realized that these are just a bunch of excuses. I can always keep in touch by email. I love writing anyway, and it is a very meaningful way to communicate for me. So later during the day I composed a long email and sent it to her. It made me really happy. And than few minutes after I came home from work I got a phone call - my daughter was on the line. The funny thing, she didn't even know I sent her an email, it was morning there and she didn't have a chance yet to open her mail. What a coincident, or maybe just by sending this email, I set the world into motion. It was so nice talking to her and be for a short period part of her life. They are expecting a baby in few months so we talked how they get ready and some baby names, small talk but this is what real life is made of - small things, small talks, small gestures.
I am so thankful for this phone call, for the hour in which our lives touched. For having her even if so far away, for how wonderful and all grown up she is. I am so thankful for the wonderful daughter I have.

No comments: