Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Coffee spill on my laptop

Day 14 - I didn't want to say anything yesterday and preferred to wait another day, before declaring that my laptop might be a survivor of a coffee spill. Yes, I know, it's so stupid. But who doesn't do it at one point or another. I was working at my computer for an hour or so and knew that I still have 2-3 hours ahead of me, so I got up and made some coffee and came back. Looking at my cup I was thinking that no, it is too close, I better move it to the other side, where there is so much more room. So I moved it and in the process spilled some on the keyboard of my laptop. First time ever - (I am thankful about that, for sure), but logic says it has to be turned upside down and disconnected from the power source. I decided to hold it upside down but not turn it off so the heat will evaporate any droplets that manage to get in. Not sure how smart it was, but I am very, Very , VERY happy to announce that my laptop might have been a survivor of that spill. I know, it still might have some long term effects, but tonight I am very thankful for small miracles.
I hope I will learn to not drink and type anymore :)

No comments: