Friday, February 18, 2011

It's My Birthday

Day 31 - What a glorious day it was today, as if especially for my birthday. After a very stormy week we got a perfect day. And as a special birthday present my daughter came from the military to spend the weekend with me. I picked her up from the bus station and we went for a stroll on the boardwalk. The sky was blue without any cloud, the sun was nice and warm and the sea - almost like a mirror, with very gentle waves, after days of storms. So after walking up and down, we decided to sit and have breakfast on the beach. We spend two wonderful hours there - what a great way to start a day.
I was a very busy day and we did so much stuff, that I find it really difficult to decide on one thing to be thankful for. I am thankful for a wonderful day, I am thankful for all the people who called to congratulate me, for my daughter who spend her weekend with me instead of spending it with her friends, for some great food and great movie and a very bad Mojito... but I think most of all I am thankful that I reached yet another birthday. I am 53 today and it is not a given that I will reach this age and that I will be healthy. And we can have all we want in our lives, but if we don't have the health to enjoy it, than it really doesn't make any difference.
I am very thankful that I am healthy enough to enjoy this special day and every day of my life.

No comments: