Friday, February 4, 2011

Hair dye trauma

Day 17 - a month and a half ago my daughter wanted to have some fun and decided to dye her hair. This proved to be a very dangerous decision, a life altering decision. She developed a severe allergic reaction, that almost cost her life. Three anaphylactic shocks, a night in the ICU and a full week in the hospital. and the worst think is that she had to shave her head completely in order to stop the reaction. and maybe even to actualy save her life.
Today she was very sad and was crying about her lost hair and how the little that grew doesn't feel like hers. And I was thinking how thankful I am that it only cost her hair. I know she does appreciate very much that she is alive and the fact she can be sad about hair is a very good thing - she is not so stressed about her safely anymore, but for me it was a reminder of the worst week I ever experienced and how close we were to a very different ending.

So today I am so thankful to the wonderful nurses and doctors that were there and with modern medicine at their disposal. I am so thankful for still having my daughter with me. even with very short hair.

No comments: